You may do the following during your visit:
- Picnic in the landscape.
- Bring pets and service animals (unless advised not permitted for special events).
- Bring blankets or camping chairs for a picnic.
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes ONLY using handheld digital cameras. If you wish to use tripods, drones, props you must obtain a permit from Painshill. For further information regarding permits & commercial photos please contact us on 01932 868113 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring a three wheels scooter for children up to 5 years of age (unless advised not permitted for special events).
To best enjoy your visit to Painshill, we suggest:
- Explore our website prior to your visit to see our events calendar.
- Bring your Painshill membership card for admittance and to take advantage of discounts in the Shop & Tearoom.
- Check our homepage and note special announcements, including possible early closures, which vary depending on the season.
- Please allow 2-3 hours for your visit. Stay as long as you wish during the opening hours.
- Please either buy tickets online or at the Visitor Centre on arrival.
- Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes, as our landscape garden is a walking experience. Insects and bees are a part of our ecosystem. In case of an emergency please inform the Duty Manager by calling us on 01932868113.
- Wheelchairs are available for rent in our Visitor Centre on a first-come basis and may not be reserved in advance during peak season. If you wish to reserve the golf buggy please call us on 01932 868113 to book at least 7 days prior to your visit.
- We offer free parking to all Painshill visitors.
- Shop in the gardens & dine in our tearoom. Reservations can be made in advance.
- Connect to our free Wi-Fi in the tearoom; look for the Painshill Guest network and connect.
Tickets, Admission, Prices and Special Events* (terms and conditions):
- Admission Tickets (one day general admission – does not apply for special events) can be purchased online or at the Visitor Centre. All online tickets are valid for a year and are for one-time use only. You can either print them at home or bring an electronic copy. Please call 01932 868113 for more information.
- We offer discounted admission tickets for members of the military, groups of 10 or more adults, youth (5-16), students (with valid ID) and seniors (ages 65+). Please check with our Group Visits page about pricing for groups of 10 or more. Please email email@example.com or call 01932 868113.
- All visitors must go through the Visitor Centre even if you are only going to the Tea Room.
- All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for another date and time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be refunded or replaced.
- Painshill reserves the right to close the site or cancel an event in the event of extreme weather conditions or other unforeseen conditions.
- Painshill is an outdoor venue and events WILL NOT be cancelled due to poor or inclement weather. Events will only be cancelled in the event of severe weather conditions (very high winds, flooding and/or thunder & lightning). In the event of severe weather conditions please check the website to avoid disappointment. Tickets will only be refunded if Painshill decides to cancel the event. No refunds will be given simply if the weather is inclement and the event goes ahead.
- Painshill accepts no liability if a customer is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
- Event tickets must be valid and information about arrival times must be observed on your booking confirmation.
- Member rates for special events: Members must bring a valid membership card, on the day of the booking, to be admitted to into the event. Members may pre-book non-member tickets but cannot purchase member tickets for non-members. Family membership holders can purchase maximum of two adult member tickets and four child member tickets. Joint membership holders may purchase a maximum of two adult member rate admission tickets. Individual membership holders may purchase a maximum of one adult member rate admission ticket. Tickets will be checked on entry to the event.
- Painshill reserves the right to make changes to an event without prior notice.
- Dogs are not permitted at special events unless otherwise advised.
- For special events, please refer to the main event web page for any special Terms & Conditions and relevant FAQs.
- By booking a special event with Painshill, you accept that we will contact you with relevant event information by email.
*’Special events’ are all events that are not included with general admission (for example Open Air Cinema, Music in the Grotto, Santa’s Snow Train & Crystal Grotto etc). Please call 01932 868113 if you have any questions.
Please refrain from the following during your visit:
- Feeding wildlife.
- Cursing or yelling in the landscape.
- Disobeying posted signage or safety barricades.
The following items are prohibited in our Landscape Garden:
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, and other recreational vehicles. However, you can bring a three-wheel bicycle and scooter for children up to 5 years of age (unless advised not permitted for special events)..
- Drones, props, signs or free-standing photography equipment including tripods and easels are NOT permitted without prior permission from Painshill. Please contact us on 01932 868113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for permits.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes inside the buildings and follies.
- Barbecues are not permitted anywhere in the landscape.
- Weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons and any illegal substance.
- Climbing trees, picking plants and flowers, getting in our lakes.
- Changing clothes.
- Music instruments and radios with speakers.
- Any toy that is disruptive to our guests. You can bring balls, frisbees or other small sports equipment.