To best enjoy your visit to Painshill, we suggest:
- Explore our website prior to your visit to see our events calendar.
- Bring your Painshill membership card for admittance and to take advantage of discounts in the Shop & Tearoom.
- Check our opening times and note special announcements, including possible early closures, which vary depending on the season.
- Please allow 2-3 hours for your visit. Stay as long as you wish during the opening hours.
- Please either buy tickets online or at the Visitor Centre on arrival.
- Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes, as our landscape garden is a walking experience. Insects and bees are a part of our ecosystem. In case of an emergency please inform the Duty Manager by calling us on 01932868113.
- Wheelchairs are available for rent in our Visitor Centre on a first-come basis and may not be reserved in advance during peak season. If you wish to reserve the golf buggy please call us on 01932 868113 to book at least 7 days prior to your visit.
- We offer free parking to all Painshill visitors.
- Shop in the gardens & dine in our tearoom. Reservations can be made in advance.
- Connect to our free Wi-Fi in the tearoom; look for the Painshill Guest network and connect.
Tickets, Admission, Prices and Special Events (terms and conditions):
- Tickets can be purchased online or at the Visitor Centre. All online tickets are valid for a year and are for one-time use only. You can either print them at home or we can scan tickets directly from your mobile device. Please call 01932 868113 for more information.
- All visitors must go through the Visitor Centre even if you are only going to the Tearoom.
- All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for another date and time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be refunded or replaced.
- Painshill reserves the right to close the site or cancel an event in the event of extreme weather conditions or other unforeseen conditions.
- Event tickets must be valid and information about arrival times must be observed on your booking confirmation.
- Dogs are not permitted at special events unless otherwise advised.
- We offer discounted admission tickets for members of the military, groups of 10 or more adults, youth (5-16), students (with valid ID) and seniors (ages 65+). Please check with our Group Visits page about pricing for groups of 10 or more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01932 868113.
You may do the following during your visit:
- Picnic in the landscape.
- Bring pets and service animals.
- Bring blankets or camping chairs for a picnic.
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes ONLY using handheld digital cameras. If you wish to use tripods, drones, props you must obtain a permit from Painshill. For further information regarding permits & commercial photos please contact us on 01932 868113 or email at email@example.com.
- Bring a three wheels scooter for children up to 7 years of age.
Please refrain from the following during your visit:
- Feeding wildlife.
- Cursing or yelling in the landscape.
- Disobeying posted signage or safety barricades.
The following items are prohibited in our Landscape Garden:
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, and other recreational vehicles. However, you can bring a three-wheel bicycle and scooter for children up to 7 years of age.
- Drones, props, signs or free-standing photography equipment including tripods and easels are NOT permitted without prior permission from Painshill. Please contact us on 01932 868113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for permits.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes inside the buildings and follies.
- Barbecues are not permitted anywhere in the landscape.
- Weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons and any illegal substance.
- Climbing trees, picking plants and flowers, getting in our lakes.
- Changing clothes.
- Music instruments and radios with speakers.
- Any toy that is disruptive to our guests. You can bring balls, frisbees or other small sports equipment.