Marketing and Communications Officer
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Location: Painshill, Cobham, Surrey
Painshill is looking for someone exceptional to deliver our marketing and communications activities, to increase awareness of Painshill, drive visitor numbers, membership sales and all commercial activities.
Working with both internal colleagues and stakeholders, as Marketing and Communications Officer you will be responsible for delivering our marketing and communications plan, supporting engagement with our member bodies and various registration programmes. You will manage the Painshill website and social media, as well as supporting the organisation’s media relations, and development of a range of marketing materials, across a range of platforms. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience of delivering engaging marketing activities across a variety of media, and of analysing the effectiveness of campaigns. You will be comfortable working independently, with a proven ability for building effective internal and external relationships and a strong customer-focused approach.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Marketing and Communications Officer will:
– Support the Director in developing, implementing and managing a marketing and communications plan and associated budget for Painshill
– Work in partnership with the whole team at Painshill to provide marketing and communications support for all activities across the estate
– Working closely with our PR/Marketing consultant to deliver a consistent brand, message and tone for Painshill
– Manage, review and update information on the Painshill website
– Manage and update information and engage with users on Painshill’s social media platforms and via email campaigns
– Manage the marketing toolkit and design and produce marketing collateral, including brochures, handouts, direct mailings, newsletters, promotional videos, photographs, films and multi-media programmes
– Working with our PR/Marketing consultant on the creation and issuing of PR and managing media relations
– Assist the Painshill team with event organisation and attend events to represent the organisation, coordinating with member bodies, funders, trustees and other relevant stakeholders.
– Undertake and respond to market research conducted by the organisation and, where relevant, other bodies and evolve communications plans accordingly
– Evaluate regularly the effectiveness of Painshill’s marketing and communications activities in delivering its strategic objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
– Experience of working in a marketing role, delivering a marketing strategy
– Experience of delivering successful marketing campaigns
– Experience of social media and management of digital campaigns
– Experience of working with a wide range of partners and building effective relationships
– Experience of website management and maintenance, in terms of structure and content
– Experience of managing a marketing budget
– Experience of Abode Creative Apps
– Experience of undertaking analysis, using relevant analytical tools and information, to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and activities
– Demonstrable ability to work confidently and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
– A relevant degree and/or professional qualification would be desirable
Skills and Personal Qualities:
– Excellent technical skills, including working with websites, social media platforms, multi-media applications and analytics
– Experience of the design and creation of leaflets, posters, flyers, e newsletters
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver organisational objectives
– Ability to manage multiple projects in support of a variety of stakeholders
– A customer-focused approach, producing consistently high standards of work
– A personal commitment to an inclusive approach that values diversity.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26th November 2018