Have a wild time this Easter Holiday with campfires, bushcraft, wild art, den building and much more!
Our Wild Easter Day Camp is the perfect way to have a fun-filled school holiday, with exciting outdoor adventures for children aged 8 to 11 years. We use the Forest School approach of listening to children to find out where their interests lie as well as suggesting and scaffolding activities, providing resources, skills and tutorage. We have a flexible plan for different activities so each day with us will be different and exciting.
• Monday 3rd April 2023
• Tuesday 4th April 2023
• Thursday 13th April 2023
• Friday 14th April 2023
Here’s some of the things we will be getting up to…
- Explore the woods and take our leaders special “short-cuts” up and down secret paths and forgotten tracks.
- Build an amazing den and let your imaginations run free, adding decorations, features, furniture and anything you can think of using natural materials and cord.
- Light your own fire with fire steels to toast marshmallows.
- Follow the clues and journey deep into the woods for egg-citing games and team challenges, finding the hidden Easter eggs.
- Get creative, weaving willow and wool, painting with charcoal and chalk or sculpting with MUD!
- Bizzilions of wild, woodland, wide games including Capture the Flag, Dodge Ball and many, many more.
- Track woodland mammals, pond dip for fish and water creatures and check out the woods for bugs and beasts.
About our Camps
Wild Camps at Painshill are glorious, totally outdoor days spent in the forest and landscapes of Painshill – running, climbing, playing, making friends and developing practical woodland skills. We spend all day, every day outside, throughout the year, whatever the weather – and we love it! Just remember to bring lots of appropriate outdoor clothing and a big lunch. We have several contingency plans for raining or cold weather, to make sure all attendees stay warm and safe, including our big outdoor shelter, tarps and mobile shelters, spare clothes and lots of hot chocolate and warming treats round the fire. An exciting programme of fun activities and themes are set for each day but we are responsive to young peoples’ interests, capabilities and needs, as well as encouraging child-led play and experiences. A big part of our camps is spent encouraging friend making and team work, so don’t worry if you are coming by yourself, there will be lots of opportunities for you to make friends.
Our camps our run by our highly experienced Education Team who spend the rest of the year leading outdoor school visits and Forest School. Our Team are experienced in working with lots of different children, age groups and needs and we have a wide range of outdoor and education skills and knowledge. Our team is First Aid trained, with specific training for children and the outdoors. If you have any questions about our camps, activities or if your child has any specific needs contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children MUST be aged 8 – 11 years (We are unable to have children under 8 years of age in our care, please contact the Education Team via email@example.com if you have a query).