Birthday Parties at Painshill
Our year-round birthday parties at Painshill in Cobham, Surrey are pure and simple fun. Set outdoors in a picturesque woodland, our parties aim to give children a chance to feel special on their special day. With the environment to run, to explore, to build, take a chance, to make a friend, to be silly, to be a child… unless your child wants to be a dragon, in which case we’ll do that!
About our parties
All our parties are outdoors, because, well why wouldn’t we?! Its brilliant out there – there are trees waiting to be climbed, wildlife waiting to be spotted, campfires waiting to be lit and dens waiting to be built! All our parties are bespoke, so we will talk to you to build a party to suit your child, whether that is hiking to the distant pine forest to build dens and light fires with a gaggle of adventurous ten year olds or making fairy wands, flower crowns and a new house for baby bear with a cluster of (still quite adventurous) 4 year olds.
The sort of activities we do
We have a whole woodland of tricks up our sleeve but here is a taster of the sort of things we can do…
– Light camp fires and toast marshmallows or toast or any alternative to marshmallows you would prefer.
– Build dens out of sticks, leaves and sheer will power. But watch out for the rain, it comes in bucket loads right after camp inspection!
– Weave willow into wands or crowns.
– Go nuts with some BIG games in the meadow or woods. These can be adapted to suit your party theme or child’s interests.
– The slightly terrifying blindfold rope walk.
– Lots and lots of really messy natural art and craft ideas.
– MUD PLAY! Dig rivers, make puddles and then jump in them (waterproof onesie recommended).
– Pooh sticks and leaf boats.
– Scavenger hunts and treasure hunts.
– Wild beast tracking, bug hunts and pond dipping.
– For smaller groups of big kids (8+) we can use bushcraft tools to whittle and carve.
– For smaller groups of quite patient big kids (8+) we can have a go at foraging wild food and have a proper campfire cook-up.
Interested but want to find out more?
You can download our fact sheet to get down to the nitty and the gritty here or you can fill in an enquiry form here OR you can give us a call on 01932 868113 (extension 7) but please bear in mind we are out of the office a lot because running around outside is more fun, so please leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
£420 (including VAT) for non-members
£390 (including VAT) for members
- The 1 hour 30 minute outdoor activity led by a Forest School trained party leader for up to 25 children.
- Room hire for the duration and exclusive use of our woodland picnic area
- Entry to Painshill for all guests, parents and siblings and any party helpers like Grandparents, uncles, aunts and distant relations – parents not attending the party can have a lovely walk and enjoy their “me time”!
- Adam will probably knock up a little gift made out of twigs or string (don’t get too excited!).
- A brilliant time had by all!
“The silly man was very funny” Freddie (aged very nearly 5)
“I would just like to say a massive thank you to Adam for being such an amazing entertainer…the children were mesmerised and the birthday girl was thoroughly happy. Thank you for an unforgettable day!” Ana A (mum)
“I just wanted to say a very big thank you for such a wonderful Forest School party hosted by Adam. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and all went very well. Parents were most impressed by the grounds, party room and the theme. It truly was a magical birthday. Adam went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and helped me a lot also. I’m so grateful, please pass on my gratitude to your fabulous team.” Sara R (mum)
Get in touch
If you have any questions or would like to enquire about availability, then please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01932 868113.