Child-only Forest School activity camp for 8-12 year olds
Tuesday 20th – Thursday 22nd July
Tuesday 27th – Thursday 29th July
Tuesday 3rd – Thursday 5th August
Tuesday 10th – Thursday 12th August
Tuesday 17th – Thursday 19th August
Get ready for a summer of fun! We will be running our amazing Forest School Camp this summer holiday so kids can get into the woods and go wild with amazing outdoor experiences, making friends and having lots of fun. Our experienced Forest School and bushcraft-trained staff have lots of exciting adventures planned, which can include the following activities…
• Den building, fire lighting & campfire cooking.
• Wonderfully wild wide games
• Pond dipping for fish and all sorts of aquatic beasties (we will try to avoid dipping the children!)
• Animal tracking, bug hunts and the ongoing search for interesting animal poo.
• Natural craft and painting with leaves, berries etc.
• MUD! Painting with mud, making sculptures with natural clay, digging rivers and building sand/mud castles.
• Making bows and arrows and spear throwers.
• Wool work and willow weaving – spinning wool, making dream-catchers.
• Free play – tree climbing, making up your own games and making friends.
We will be using the Forest school approach of listening to children to find out where their interests lie as well as suggesting and scaffolding activities, providing resources, skills and tutorage. We have a flexible plan for different activities so each day with us will be different and exciting.
In these strange times, the natural outdoor environment has never been so important for children’s wellbeing. To make sure we all stay safe, happy and well we are adjusting way we run the summer camp to ensure we meet all of the governments safety guidelines. To create a bubble for the week and keep the attendees consistent we are running camps in 3 day blocks, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays each week. Individual days cannot be booked. We truly believe that the consistency of the same children each day, with smaller numbers will be hugely beneficial in building friendships and ensuring that everyone has a great time.
Please click here to read our Covid Statement and Post Lock Down guidance.