Child-only Forest School activity camp for 7-11 year olds
Get ready for a summer of fun! Painshill will be running our ever-popular Forest School Camp this summer holiday, enabling children to explore nature and go wild with exciting outdoor experiences, making new friends and having lots of fun. Our experienced Forest School and bushcraft-trained staff have lots of thrilling adventures planned, which will include the following activities…
- Den building, fire lighting & campfire cooking.
- Wonderfully wild games
- Pond dipping for fish and all sorts of aquatic beasties (we will try to avoid dipping the children!)
- Animal tracking, bug hunts and the ongoing search for interesting animal poo.
- Natural crafts and painting with leaves, berries etc.
- MUD! Painting with mud, making sculptures with natural clay, digging rivers and building sand/mud castles.
- Making bows and arrows and spear throwers.
- Wool work and willow weaving – spinning wool and making dream-catchers.
- Free play – tree climbing, making up your own games and making new friends.
We will be using the Forest school approach of listening to children to find out where their interests lie as well as suggesting and scaffolding activities, providing resources, skills and tutorage. We have a flexible plan for different activities so each day with at Painshill will be different and exciting.