There are signed disabled parking bays in the main visitor car park approx 200 metres from the admissions desk.
- The Visitor Centre and shop can be accessed via a gradient ramp
- The Tearoom has a level entrance and can accommodate wheelchairs
- Unisex disabled toilet
- Approximately ⅔ of the garden is accessible with some slopes
- The remaining ⅓ of the garden has steep slopes and grassland pathways
- Benches are provided throughout the garden
- The paths are made of tarmac, grass and gravel. In some areas the surfaces can be uneven
- A map of the recommended accessible route can be requested at the admissions desk
At the entrance to the Grotto there are two steps down. The exit measures 69 centimetres at the narrowest point and access can be made via this route. A guide will be present to assist during Grotto opening hours. Please note the Grotto has limited opening times.
Please contact us for information on accessing any of the other follies.
- Service dogs are admitted into all facilities
- All dogs on a short lead are welcome
Wheelchairs, Electric Buggies and Tours
Visitors may bring their own wheelchairs and electric buggies to use in the landscape garden. A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available to loan free of charge. Please call us if you wish to pre-book this service prior to your visit.
Guided buggy tours for a maximum of five visitors are available for less able visitors (subject to availability). Please pre-book this service at least 7 days prior to your visit.
Please call 01932 868 113 for more information