Into the Woods: Big adventures for your little ones!
Enjoy the outdoors with your children at Painshill’s parent and child Forest School
Join us for mornings of big adventures for your little ones. Our weekly parent and child Forest School sessions are the perfect way to get out and introduce your child to the great outdoors whilst mum or dad get a breath of fresh air and try something new.
Every Tuesday from 7th January to 11th February 2020
10am – 11:30am
Every magical morning is 1 hour 30 minutes long and begins with sensory free play in our woods, giving children a chance to play and make friends and giving grown-ups a chance to play too! After that, there will be a variety of exciting outdoor activities including…
- Going on a bear hunt with lots of forest games & exploration.
- Getting crafty making a stick-man, tree troll or cave–painted mask.
- Campfire cooking & foraging, including the famous Painshill campfire doughnuts and stinging nettle crisps if you are feeling brave enough!
- Looking for bugs, beasties and wildlife wonders. We might even find badger poo! Ukk!
- Build a fairy house & dig a big, deep river to stop the fairy village flooding for some messy mud play!
- Use bushcraft tools to carve a wooden toy at the making-station.
- Climbing and clambering up trees (not too high though!)
We go ahead whatever the weather, adapting our activities accordingly – if it’s windy we will fly kites, if it’s rainy we will make streams if it is cold we’ll run around like crazy to keep warm! Every morning finishes up in style with snacks and hot chocolate round the campfire.
If you are still full of beans after, entry to the Painshill is included in the price and our tearoom does hearty children’s lunches and a mean flat white!
For ages 2 – 4 years
Cost: (£15 per session or £75 per block booking of all 6 sessions). The cost is per pre-school child, adults do not need to book a place for themselves. Children under 2 years are welcome to accompany a paying sibling at no charge.
- This event will be based at the Education Centre so please meet the Education Team there.
- This event is fully outdoors so please dress accordingly – adults included! Oh and wear things you don’t mind getting dirty, you will be getting stuck in!
- Please bring water for your child and a spare change of clothes.
- Some snacks will be provided but please feel free to bring you own (no nuts please). If there are specific allergies/dietary requirements in your groups please inform us prior to the event.
- This event will only be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions and should this happen, you can either receive a refund or reschedule.
- If you have any questions, please email the education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Into the Woods: Parent & Child Forest School
£15 per session
or £75 per block booking of all 6 sessions
The cost is per child
Adults go FREE and do not need to book a place
- This event has passed.