Big adventures for you and your little ones!
1pm – 2:30pm, every Thursday afternoon from 17th September to 22nd October 2020
Come join us for afternoons of big adventures for your little ones. Back by popular demand, our weekly parent and child Forest School sessions are the perfect way to get out and introduce your child to the great outdoors whilst mum or dad get a breath of fresh air and try something new.
Every magical afternoon is 1 hour 30 minutes long and begins with sensory free play in our woods, giving children a chance to play and make friends and giving grown-ups a chance to play too! After that, there will be a variety of exciting outdoor activities including…
• Going on a bear hunt with lots of forest games & exploration.
• Getting crafty making a stick-man, tree troll or cave–painted mask.
• Looking for bugs, beasties and wildlife wonders. We might even find badger poo! Ukk!
• Build a fairy house & dig a big, deep river to stop the fairy village flooding for some messy mud play!
• Songs and stories around the campfire.
• Use bushcraft tools to carve a wooden toy at the making-station.
• Climbing and clambering up trees (not too high though!)
We go ahead whatever the weather, adapting our activities accordingly – if it’s windy we will fly kites, if it’s rainy we will make streams if it is cold we’ll run around like crazy to keep warm! Every morning finishes up in style with snacks and hot chocolate round the campfire.
If you are still full of beans after, entry to the Painshill is included in the price. The Tea Room is open 10.30am until 4.30pm, offering takeaway food.
Cost: (£15 per session or £75 per block booking of all 6 sessions). The cost is per pre-school child, adults do not need to book a place for themselves. Children under 2 years are welcome to accompany a paying sibling at no charge.
Into the Woods: Parent & Child Forest School
- This event has passed.