Child-only Forest School activity days for 8-13 year olds
The Education Team at Painshill is delighted, ecstatic and generally over the moon to welcome children aged 8-13 years old back to Painshill for some really wild adventures (it’s been a long lockdown!)
We want to use this summer to give children some amazing outdoor experiences and really memorable, fun days. Our experienced Forest School and bushcraft-trained staff have lots of exciting adventures planned, including…
• Den building
• Fire lighting
• Wonderfully wild wide games
• Pond dipping for fish and all sorts of aquatic beasties (we will try to avoid dipping the children!)
• Animal tracking, bug hunts and the ongoing search for interesting animal poo.
• Natural craft and painting with leaves, berries etc.
• MUD! Painting with mud, making sculptures with natural clay, digging rivers and building sand/mud castles.
• Making bows and arrows and spear throwers.
• Wool work and willow weaving – spinning wool, making dream-catchers.
• Ye olde games of yore – including croquet, medieval style bowling, hoopla and 18th century cricket.
• Time for yourself – tree climbing, making up your own games and making friends.
• And many more tricks, games, activities, art, craft and cool stuff up our sleeves.
We will be using the Forest School approach of listening to children to find out where their interests lie as well as suggesting and scaffolding activities, providing resources, skills and tutorage. We have a flexible plan for different activities so each day with us will be different and exciting.
In these strange times, the natural outdoor environment has never been so important for children’s wellbeing. To make sure we all stay safe, happy and well we are adjusting way we run the summer camp to ensure we meet all of the governments safety guidelines. To create a bubble for the week and keep the attendees consistent we are running camps in 3 day blocks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays each week. Individual days cannot be booked. These are the current government guidelines but we truly believe that the consistency of the same children each day, with smaller numbers than usual will be hugely beneficial in building friendships and ensuring that everyone has a great time.
Please click here to read our Covid Statement and Post-Lockdown Guidance
For children aged 8 – 13 years.
Tuesday 28th July – Thursday 30th August *SOLD OUT*
Tuesday 4th – Thursday 6th August *SOLD OUT*
Tuesday 11th – Thursday 13th August *SOLD OUT*
Tuesday 18th – Thursday 20th August *SOLD OUT*
Timings: 9am – 4pm
Cost: £135 for all 3 days in any of the above weeks
Max capacity: 15 children