Full-Time Permanent Position: Salary: c. £29,000 per annum
Organisation Background: Situated in Cobham, Surrey, Painshill is one of Great Britain’s most elegant and significant 18th Century Landscape Gardens.
As Painshill enters a new phase of its development, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Marketing Officer to join our vibrant team. Building on past success, the chosen candidate will play an essential role in driving forward our marketing, communications and brand-building activities, in support of our core charitable objectives.
This varied role requires a proactive, organised individual with proven experience of delivering successful PR, social media and marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have excellent time-management skills and a high standard of copywriting, editing and attention to detail. As well as being able to work independently with plenty of initiative, s/he will also be a genuine team player with first-rate people skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop innovative marketing campaigns that align with the company’s core messages, business objectives and values.
• Research and write articles, interviews and promotional materials.
• Evaluate and report on marketing campaigns and conduct market research.
• Initiate all In-House marketing materials.
• Maintain and develop Painshill’s Brand Guidelines.
• Create monthly E-Newsletters.
• Promote and support all events and support the Visitor Centre Reception through occasional Duty Management.
• Create and manage an annual departmental budget.
• Act as first point of contact for all press enquiries, evaluate and respond to all journalist requests.
• Build relationships with UK and International media, and continue to develop the company’s press database.
• Develop strategic media and promotional campaigns and individual projects across online, print and broadcast platforms.
• Actively engage with other departments to source and manage promotional information.
• Manage and develop Painshill’s Social Media Strategy across key channels (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn)
• Monitor the effectiveness of the Social media strategy, and report regularly on the growth of followers.
• Under the direction of the IT Manager, assist in the creation of compelling content for the website.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within a marketing or business discipline.
• Marketing training or qualifications preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing/communications role, ideally within a comparative sector.
• Experience of working with media at an international, national, regional and trade level, with an established network of press contacts across print, broadcast and online platforms.
• Experience of leading, managing and optimising digital and social media marketing campaigns.
• Experience of copy-writing, researching, editing, proofing and designing printed and digital communications.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management and Content Management Systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of digital marketing tools for measuring impact of social and digital media activity.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programmes.
• Understanding of communication design and familiarity with Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, InDesign).
• Creative, journalistic sense, with a natural ability to identify PR stories and marketing assets.
• Diligent and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
• Creative flair and strong imagination.
• Car driver/owner.
• Flexible approach to work with a willingness to work outside of normal hours if required. Please note that the post does require some evening and weekend working.
To apply: Please submit a Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
Painshill Park Trust Ltd
Deadline for Applications: 1st September, 2017.